phpBB Extension - Hello!
Display a greeting to your users in the nav bar.http://www.github.com/imkingdavid/hello
Authors of extension
Install in ACP
Use our Install tool to install this Extension. Navigate to "CUSTOMISE - Install extensions" in the ACP of your forum and search for Hello! and click the install button.
Download the archive of the extension from here and unpack it. Copy then the entire contents of the archive to your phpBB forum
/ext/imkingdavid/hello, maybe you need to remove "_master" from the extracted folder. Now go into the admin area of the
forum and chose the tab Customize, in the area Manage extensions
is you now the extension Hello! displayed under the disable extensions. Click behind the extension on the link Enable
to activate the extension. After you have confirmed the action the extension is available in your forum.
This is a simple phpBB 3.1 extension that lets you add a greeting to the username in the header navigation bar.
- This extension requires the template events added in https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/pull/2448. Until that is merged, you will need to apply the patch manually in order for the extension to work.
- Note that this only works for Prosilver. subSilver2 does not have the username in the navigation bar and therefore does not have the events.
If there is interest, future versions may contain the following:
- Customizable via the ACP
- Different greeting based on user's board language (Hello, Hola, Anyeong, etc.)
- Different greeting based on current time (good morning, good afternoon, good evening, etc.)
- Different greeting based on day of the week (Happy Monday!, TGIF!, etc.)
- Different greeting based on specific date (e.g. Happy New Years!, Merry Christmas!, Happy Hanukkah!, etc.)
- Rotating messages (i.e. have it randomly pick between a set of messages, like Hello, Hi, 'Sup, etc.)
No comments have been posted yet for this extension. Rate the extension now and write the first comment.
Use this image
You can use this image on your Website to show visitors the rating of your Extension.
<a href="https://phpbb-extensions.ga/imkingdavid/hello"><img src="https://phpbb-extensions.ga/imkingdavid/hello.png" alt="Hello!"></a>